Happy Tuesday! I want to share with you a really easy recipe that can be made for a healthy + quick breakfast before you head out the door — literally the best homemade granola ever. I got this recipe from my mom, and tweaked it a little. So much better tasting than the granola you buy at the store. Trust me I’ve tried them all. Plus it’s far less expensive and contains WAY less sugar. A batch of this will last you several weeks. Just keep the granola in an air tight container. I prefer to add fresh fruit vs. dried fruit when serving over yogurt or with nut milk!
Momma Kris’ Granola
- 8 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (I buy the liquid kind from Thrive- so much easier to bake/cook with!)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 drops liquid stevia or about one droppers worth
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Put oats in large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave then add oil, honey, stevia, flax, salt and vanilla. Stir together and then pour mixture on to oats and mix thoroughly.
- Pour granola onto two large rimmed baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, stirring several times while baking (don’t forget to stir!) Keep an eye on and when its golden brown remove immediately. Nothing worse than burnt granola!
- Add pumpkins seed
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
P.S. You can buy oats and nuts in bulk at many supermarkets to save even more money! 🙂